The word ransomware is more than a news slogan; it is the explanation of a technical threat that has affected thousands of organizations around the world and cost billions of dollars in damage. Ransomware is a theft of an organization’s data that is held hostage at a ransom, thus making it one of the most lucrative cyber weapons. Cybersecurity experts warn that even with the technical progress, ransomware is still difficult to stop.
How can you help your company combat ransomware?
Protecting your organization is not a one step fix, but there are a variety of steps you can take to avoid falling victim.
These steps include, but are not limited to:
- Educating your employees about what to look for in suspicious links that deliver ransomware. Empower your employees by regular testing and training to help secure your organization
- An effective Back-Up and Recovery Solution for your data.
- Patch, Patch, Patch. Regularly update software and consistent patching helps decrease vulnerability.
- Arm Your Endpoints. Having an antivirus solution is no longer a sufficient defense.
- Use Secure Wireless Networks
- Passwords need to be strong/complicated, changed often and not used for various sites.
These are just a few ways to begin protecting your company. Even if you think you have it covered, cybercriminals are constantly changing their tactics and finding new ways to attack vulnerabilities in companies. Be sure to stay up to date on the latest ransomware defense technology to help keep your company safe.
If you want to learn more about how to protect your organization from ransomware and other cyber threats join us for a Lunch N Learn with network security expert Jay Ryerse. *Click Here* to register!