The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) holds only 34 events in the world each year including the Volvik Championship in Ann Arbor, MI, where the greatest female golfers in the world gather at Travis Pointe Country Club. Even though the event takes place over six days, Tournament Director Keith Karbo and his staff work year-round to make sure Southeast Michigan’s only annual professional golf tournament is successful. This requires aligning the tournament with local businesses that are recognized leaders, actively involved in the community and willing to be a true corporate partner.
As one of Michigan’s largest sporting events, the LPGA Volvik Championship is a unique business. For most of the year, office technology and network support requirements are more traditional for a business. However, when tournament time arrives, those requirements skyrocket and there’s no room for error. With media, sponsor-hosted hospitality tents and tournament officials spread all over the course, communication is imperative. Additional office technology products are required and each one needs to function properly. This calls for a company with the experience and resources to manage an event of this magnitude.
Applied Imaging, which now has an Ann Arbor branch office, provided the tournament’s year-round office with printers, MFPs and, through their NetSmart Plus division, a managed network services program that includes all network support. At tournament time, Applied Imaging adds six MFPs; taking care of all delivery and set-up and making sure all devices are up and running and have plenty of supplies. Applied Imaging also makes sure all staff members and volunteers are trained on the equipment. A NetSmart Plus technician remains on-site and all Ann Arbor technicians are on call before, during and after tournament time. The 2018 tournament experienced 100% uptime and no technicians were needed.
- Help tournament staff operate efficiently without technology concerns
- Single source solution for all office technology products and services; both long term and short term
- A corporate partner that’s community-focused and represents the type of image the tournament and LPGA want to project
- Ongoing network support to maximize uptime and respond to any questions quickly and thoroughly
- Make tournament staff look good when other corporate partners see Applied Imaging during tournament time and are impressed
“The bottom line benefit of having Applied Imaging as a corporate partner of the LPGA Volvik Championship is there’s no worry. There’s no hassle and we know that things will be done right. At the end of the day, besides providing a great service, they’re a lot of fun to deal with. It’s an absolute pleasure to work with Applied Imaging.”
-Keith Karbo, Tournament Director, LPGA Volvik Championship
- Art Prize
- 2/90 Sign Systems
- AJACS Die Sales
- Oakland Community College
- Genova Products
- Chippewa Hills Public Schools
- Grand Rapids Public Schools
- Exotic Automation and Supply
- ArborOakland Group
- Complete Source, Inc.
- Modular Transportation
- AAC Credit Union
- Great Lakes Bay Health Centers
- Kids Kicking Cancer
- Henry Ford College
- Lighthouse Insurance
- LPGA Volvik Championship
- Barton Chiropractic
- Neumann Law
- Hope Network Neuro Rehabilitation
- Dee Cramer
- MAD Creative Concepts
- Michigan Farm Bureau Insurance