Founded over 50 years ago in Flint, MI, Genova Products manufactures and distributes a variety of innovative plumbing and other home improvement products using sturdy, maintenance-free PVC materials. Their World Headquarters in Davison, MI features an in-house print shop that services the needs of eight factory locations throughout the U.S. This includes everything from marketing pieces, banners, posters, business cards, corporate letterhead and employee time cards to 120-page catalogs bound with either a perfect bind or saddle stitch.
Three years ago, tired of using messy, outdated off-set printing presses to produce all printed material in-house, the company decided to completely update their print shop and acquire high speed, high production digital printers. After seeing presentations from their current copier vendor and other manufacturer-direct sales people, Genova’s management sensed something was missing and asked their Publication Supervisor to get one additional proposal. He called Applied Imaging.
“Applied Imaging had way more knowledge at the table from the time we met with their analyst and sales manager,” said Genova Products’ Publication Supervisor, Brad Morey, who has over 30 years of experience in the printing industry. Impressed with Applied Imaging’s Pro Team members’ product knowledge and their understanding of placing the right product in the right environment and supporting them with the very best service professionals, a deal was struck. A Ricoh High Speed Color Production Printer plus all the finishing products were placed for the color jobs and an Oce’ High Speed Printer was placed for the jobs only requiring black and white. In addition, Genova Products selected Applied Imaging to satisfy all the copying and printing needs in its headquarters building and eight factories. Depending on volume and workflow requirements, various Ricoh multifunction products (mfp’s) were placed.
- The ability to keep costs down by having all printing done in-house while getting rid of the offset presses
- A cleaner environment producing far less noise
- Peace of mind knowing Applied Imaging has the parts readily available, highly trained and certified technicians and a culture of customer service that provides maximum uptime for the high production work horse printers
- One source that understands the company’s goals, objectives and overall printing requirements
- One point of contact for Genova Products’ multiple locations nationwide
“I recommend them over and over to many people. I tell them the machines I have, they don’t go down. When they rarely do, there’s no problem with parts and service. They’re here and I’m up and running.”
Brad Morey, Production Manager
Genova Products, Inc.
- Eikenhout Building Supplies
- Art Prize
- 2/90 Sign Systems
- AJACS Die Sales
- Oakland Community College
- Genova Products
- Chippewa Hills Public Schools
- Grand Rapids Public Schools
- Exotic Automation and Supply
- ArborOakland Group
- Complete Source, Inc.
- Modular Transportation
- AAC Credit Union
- Great Lakes Bay Health Centers
- Kids Kicking Cancer
- Henry Ford College
- Lighthouse Insurance
- LPGA Volvik Championship
- Barton Chiropractic
- Neumann Law
- Hope Network Neuro Rehabilitation
- Dee Cramer
- MAD Creative Concepts
- Michigan Farm Bureau Insurance