Originally established to serve Western Michigan’s furniture manufacturers, AAC Credit Union recently celebrated 80 years in business. With mergers and acquisitions, AAC grew. Then in 1998, AAC Credit Union opened its doors to the community allowing membership from anyone who lives, works, worships or studies in Kent, Muskegon, Ottawa, Barry or Allegan counties. Today, AAC Credit Union has seven branches throughout those five counties.
The process for ordering toner and other supplies was cumbersome. Each of the branch managers would have to send an email to the main office for approval from the Chief Operating Officer (COO). Following approval, they would either call in the order to a local supplier, send an employee to an office supply store or place the order with an online supplier. This system worked fine when there was one office, but with the multiple branches, it seemed like there was always someone on the phone seeking approval or chasing down toner. Employee time was wasted and productivity suffered.
Following a cost analysis, Applied Imaging’s representatives recommended PrintSmart, an innovative managed print services program that includes all toner, parts and supplies along with preventive maintenance and emergency service if needed. All for one low cost per print. Under PrintSmart, Applied Imaging became accountable for managing all of the credit union’s output devices; printers and MFPs. Toner levels are monitored and additional refills made without involving any AAC credit Union employees. They can perform their job duties without the stress associated with running low or being out of toner.
- Employees spend more time with members instead of being on the phone obtaining approvals then placing the correct toner order or leaving work to run out to the nearest office supply store
- Saves time for the COO not having to approve orders for seven different branches
- Branch managers and other credit union employees have one point of accountability and one number to call for any printer or MFP issue
- Simplified billing
“The one benefit I love is the fact my employees are not spending time looking for toner. I think my time is valuable. I think my employees’ time is very valuable and I would rather spend it with members than looking for toner.”
– Chris Cross, Chief Operations Officer, AAC Credit Union
- Eikenhout Building Supplies
- Art Prize
- 2/90 Sign Systems
- AJACS Die Sales
- Oakland Community College
- Genova Products
- Chippewa Hills Public Schools
- Grand Rapids Public Schools
- Exotic Automation and Supply
- ArborOakland Group
- Complete Source, Inc.
- Modular Transportation
- AAC Credit Union
- Great Lakes Bay Health Centers
- Kids Kicking Cancer
- Henry Ford College
- Lighthouse Insurance
- LPGA Volvik Championship
- Barton Chiropractic
- Neumann Law
- Hope Network Neuro Rehabilitation
- Dee Cramer
- MAD Creative Concepts
- Michigan Farm Bureau Insurance